MK17/S 600 regulator
Premium breathing performance in all conditions. Our ultimate S600 second stage regulator paired with an all-rounder balanced diaphragm MK17 for best breathing, even in harsh environments.
- Balanced fl ow valve provides constant and effortless air flow.
- Diver-adjustable inhalation control enables personalised breathing effort.
- Diver-adjustable VIVA for powerful inhalation assistance and prevention of free-flow.
- High-flow exhaust valve for reduced exhalation effort.
- Super-flow hose for smooth air delivery.
First Stage MK17
A high performance balanced diaphragm first stage regulator, the MK17 has been engineered for harsh environments and for use in ice cold water or polluted environments. Resistance to cold has indeed been a key element in the engineering of the MK17.
The Diaphragm Technology. Diaphragm-based first stages are environmentally sealed so that water cannot enter the inner mechanism. Bearing in mind that regulators generate temperatures up to minus 30°C due to the incredibly fast moving air and the pressure drop involved, it is imperative that sensitive moving metal parts avoid contact with extremely cold water.
Therefore, diaphragm first stages have been the favoured choice of cold-water divers and those working in contaminated or muddy water.
SCUBAPRO diaphragm first stages feature balanced technology and are packed with patented features resulting in ultra fast flow to the second stage on demand and a fantastic overall performance.
- Dry ambient pressure chamber, providing better performance in cold water than any other diaphragm regulator. The diaphragm design prevents the entry of water into the first stage mechanism and enhances a trouble-free operation, even in the coldest conditions.
- Patented finned cap with ribs increase surface area to maximise heat transfer from the water to warm the cold internal components.
- The balanced technology provides consistent performance at all cylinder pressures, at any depth and optimises the second stage performance, thus allowing for effortless breathing.
- Two opposite high pressure ports- The arrangement of high and low pressure hoses is crucial to diving comfort. Two opposite high pressure ports allow for an individual positioning of the first stage (pointing up or down). This allows the diver to position the gauges either on the right or left side and increases the freedom of movement for head and neck.
- Multiple low pressure ports- For ultimate freedom in the arrangement of low pressure hoses, the MK17 features four stationary low pressure ports, two of them HF. High flow ports deliver about 15% more air than conventional ports.
- DIN/INT first stage configurations- To ensure worldwide compatibility, all SCUBAPRO regulator systems are available in a 200bar INT version as well as 300bar DIN versions.
- Externally adjustable intermediate pressure- Allows authorised SCUBAPRO service technicians to quickly fine tune or make adjustments after maintenance without the need to disassemble the first stage.
Second Stage S600
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures
- Metal valve housing (barrel) is able to withstand years of aggressive diving
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) dive/pre-dive switch
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each inhalation
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn’t inhibit airflow
- Airflow at 200bar: 1850 l/min